SuperFunHappyChick

I'm an intense, hyperactive woman with an imagination in overdrive who loves her Husby, her two Wonder Wieners, and her emerging career as an author and photographer.

Wednesday, January 4

L-A-Z-Y

Perhaps I'm deluding myself to think my main purpose in life is to find joy. I now think it's closer to the truth to state that my raisin d'etre is to put forth as little effort as possible in order to achieve the great rewards to which I'm entitled. To live with a low effort-to- high reward ratio.

As evidence, I put forth my most recent purchase: the RIVAL Crock Pot Slow Cooker Recipes Book. At first, I had purchased a lovely volume called NOT Your Mother's Slow Cooker Recipes. It was a tome, thick and beautiful, filled with more than 350 recipes. The menus were elegant and intricate. It was never going to get used in my home. I returned it for RIVAL's book. Folks, this book is actually shaped like a crock pot, with large coated cardboard pages, just like a baby book. There are perhaps 50 recipes, if you include the ones for hot chocolate and cranberry tea. Every page has lots of pictures. In fact, each recipe has the key ingredients pictured in columns on the side, so if you are running through the store, you can grab, say, chicken, an onion, celery, and a bag of frozen corn. No recipe requires more than five steps; the average is two: (1) dice a few ingredients and put them in the pot, and (2) turn on the pot.

Today, I'll be making Country Chicken Chowder. I'll let you know how it turns out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home