SuperFunHappyChick

I'm an intense, hyperactive woman with an imagination in overdrive who loves her Husby, her two Wonder Wieners, and her emerging career as an author and photographer.

Friday, January 27

On Being Predictable and Human

As I go about my business of writing and photographing a truly great and bestselling travel guide in the next seven months, as I proceed with my everyday plan to spend as much fun time with family and friends, I want two things:

1) To pay off the $7500 credit card and not accumulate any new debt.
2) To lose 42 pounds, exactly 42.

These are terribly typical desires, especially in our culture of excess. I spend too much money on food and my waist and wallet bear witness. Every Average Jane wants to be thin and rich. For me, and I suspect for many, these goals are really about one thing: exorcising the instant gratification beast within me. If only, if only, I had the discipline, the resolve, to just do it, as a famed ad slogan of our time tells me I should.

These thoughts consume me today. Which makes me feel guilty and completely uninformed when I think I should really be blogging about some group called Hamas winning some election somewhere and what that means for war and terror and strife and oppression in the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home