SuperFunHappyChick

I'm an intense, hyperactive woman with an imagination in overdrive who loves her Husby, her two Wonder Wieners, and her emerging career as an author and photographer.

Wednesday, January 25

Validation

(cue music, the Halleluiah Chorus, substitute the word Val-i-da-tion for the word hal-leh-lu-iah)
(repeat while jumping up and down hysterically all over the house)
I am so excited I can hardly sit still. I went to a photography class and learned so much about my schnazzy Nikon D50. I drank a double shot Cuban dulce de leche coffee at El Diablo Coffee Co. The mountain is out. After 40 days and 40 nights of rain, the sun is shining. But all of this pales in comparison to the main reason I am twitterpated. A national magazine wants to publish one of my stories! Yes, I've been published before, but this is really the first piece that is truly mine, all mine. Bwah-hah-hah-hah. I'll keep you posted when I know I'm allowed to say who and what. In the meantime, I'll leave you with a quote from a greeting card by a guy named Edward Monkton and a couple of pics of yesterday's sunset.

"My Chocolate Kingdom - a Fragment of a Dream" ...and in my chocolate kingdom they brought me great MOUNTAINS of CHOCOLATE and thereof I did eat. And it did not make me feel ILL or ASHAMED, neither did it put weight on my THIGHS. For the chocolate was health-giving and NOURISHING, and the more I ate, the more BEAUTIFUL I became.


1 Comments:

At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

How exciting - you are living your dream, and that's so much more than what others get to do. We're so happy for you - can't wait until you are really, really, famous!

xoxo
Sara

 

Post a Comment

<< Home