SuperFunHappyChick

I'm an intense, hyperactive woman with an imagination in overdrive who loves her Husby, her two Wonder Wieners, and her emerging career as an author and photographer.

Wednesday, June 28

Separating Wheat from Chaff

Ever have I felt the preciousness of time. Sounds like an old-fashioned way to say it, but it's the only way for me to communicate the intensity I feel about the passage of my life. I remember once, when I was a child, someone telling me that time went by faster as you got older. I cried, because I already felt that time passed too quickly. When I catch myself wishing away time, say, to arrive at the day of a vacation, or to pass through some unpleasant task faster, I feel accompanying guilt, careful of what I'm wishing for. Now, the value of time translates most acutely in how I want to spend it. Doing what I most want to do. Spending as much of it with family and friends, the most precious use of all. Perhaps this lies at the root of why I never tolerated a corporate job for long. So much wasted time!

Remember when I crashed my car in February? Last week I returned to the scene. Here is a photo essay of the experience. The story is told in the captions.

And, more pics from my Spokane trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home