SuperFunHappyChick

I'm an intense, hyperactive woman with an imagination in overdrive who loves her Husby, her two Wonder Wieners, and her emerging career as an author and photographer.

Sunday, November 12

Chronic Job Hopper/Shopper


A week ago, I told a friend it would be a fun exercise to list all of the players in my less than stellar work history. I've left so many jobs, after such a short time, always in pursuit of the next best thing. In essence, I was a freelancer before I ever officially became a freelancer. Took me a while to realize that actually belong on my own, moving from project to project. Your box, not my box. This list includes only the w-2 jobs; there are this many and more 1099 gigs, once I finally got it through my skull that yes, indeed, I am meant to be a free spirit in work, as in life. What's the moral of the story? There is none. In human fables, there's only foibles.

Mann's Union Square Theatre, 3 years

Wendy's, 5 months

U.S. Dept. of Treasury, 5 months

University of Denver Library, 4 months (Work Study)

Furr's Cafeteria, 5 months

Chowda' House, 2 weeks (laid off)

B. Dalton Booksellers, 1 month (Xmas Temp)

U.S. Department of Transportation, 1 year

UPS, 1 month (Xmas Temp)

Kinko's Copies, 2 years

PanAero Wind Corporation, 3 months

Colorado National Bank, 3 years

Coopers & Lybrand, 2 years

Young & Rubicam, 3 months (Summer Temp)

Graphics Unique, 1 year

Shoal Creek Hospital, 4 month

Whole Foods Market, 9 months

West Austin News, 1 year

Biomedical Research Group, 5 months

Clinical Pathology Laboratories, 2 years

PCA Health Plans, 1-1/2 years

Group Health Cooperative, 1-1/2 years

Managed Care Washington, 4 months

Wes Rataushk & Associates, 8 years, off and on, essentially a freelancer

Premiere Video, 1 year

Talking Dog Media, 4 months (fired)

OneReel, WOMAD and Bumbershoot (1 Season)

Seattle International Film Festival (2 seasons)

Seattle Fringe Festival (4 seasons)

BBFM, 1-1/2 years

USPS, 7 weeks

Food Co-op, 9 months and counting

P.S. I'm OUT.

1 Comments:

At 11:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a variety of FABULOUS experiences. I love taking note of the phases you moved through too. Some 'theme' that dominates through a few jobs -- then off to something totally different. What a neat excercise.

XOXO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home