SuperFunHappyChick

I'm an intense, hyperactive woman with an imagination in overdrive who loves her Husby, her two Wonder Wieners, and her emerging career as an author and photographer.

Thursday, November 2

Fascination with Reflection


Here are some excerpts from my audio notes for Monday, October 30th, on the road to Mt. Baker.

The sky is crystal blue, there is frost on everything. It's 30 degrees outside and I am driving backcountry roads, being showered with giant leaves from big leaf maple trees. I've never experienced fall in quite such detail. My heart is not in it, and therefore my head is not in the game. I cannot force it to flow. My joy is deadened, as though the nerve endings aren't touching. Even a sculpture by Rodin fails to move me. As you may have surmised, the only thing capturing my interest on this project lately is the photography. I'm fascinated with reflections in water and light; how perception can be altered so easily. I passed 110,000 miles on the car today. I've watched alpacas milking, goats fucking, and Mt. Baker in all its glory. I think I have goat shit on my shoes.

Is it cheating on NaBloPoMo to use thoughts from another day? The photo is totally cheating, as it's of Mt. Shuksan, not Mt. Baker, although they are right next to each other. The most observant among you may have noticed that I've removed the "30-something but not for long" from my profile line. As I approach my 41st birthday next month, I felt that I couldn't string that one along any longer.

1 Comments:

At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another heartstoppingly beautiful photo. You will soon tire of the fact that I will say that SO many times, but I can't help it when every photo is SO beautiful. I guess you'll just have to deal with my compliments! :)

I don't think it's cheating -- the rules are a post per day, right? No boundaries on the inspiratiopn of the post. Seems reasonable. Past 110,000 -- wow , that is amazing. It's like the whole if walls could talk thing -- only it would be your tires!


XOXO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home