SuperFunHappyChick

I'm an intense, hyperactive woman with an imagination in overdrive who loves her Husby, her two Wonder Wieners, and her emerging career as an author and photographer.

Wednesday, November 8

I Am Everything I Need

I wonder how many people will be screaming tomorrow morning that they couldn't get their promised blog up this evening due to technical problems with Blogger. I wonder how long Blogger has been out. I can hear my Stepmom's voice, "Well, that's what you get for waiting until late." Quick, allow me to get the point of what I really wanted to say this evening, before Blogger tanks again.

Sometimes, people just need to remember they have choices. Legitimate choices. It also helps to have a clearer picture of the probable consequences of those decisions. I had a long conversation with the new Acquisitions Editor at Avalon. She helped me to realize that I have viable options. A) Do I continue to do the book with another deadline extension? or B) Do I resign from the project this month, giving them as much time as possible to find a new author?
Those of you who know me and my situation, I would love your opinions and input. If there are any of you out there reading who don't know me from Eve and have no clue, I'd love for you to chime in as well, either with a toss of the coin, or a gut call from your intution. Book or no book? My thoughts today are as clear as this photo, which, if you're wondering, is of fall leaves on a sunny day, way the hell out of focus.

2 Comments:

At 11:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hardest part about a decision like this is that you do eventually have to come to your own peace about it. The biggest thing I can say is this, go with your gut. In many situations, as simple as "Did I leave the stove on?" to a momentary flash of "I should put the dog on her leash now or she will run into the street and get hit by a car.", I have only had regrets when I had a gut instinct and did not follow it. Was the stove on everytime? No, but I moved forward with greater confidence because I honored my gut feeling. If you can find the clarity to go woth your gut, that's the best advice I can give.

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger Mama Nirvana said...

I have been having problems with blogger since 11 am PST today -- can't upload photos. I did get a post out, though, but not what I wanted.

Saw you by way of the NaPoBloMo randomizer. Good luck!

Amy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home