SuperFunHappyChick

I'm an intense, hyperactive woman with an imagination in overdrive who loves her Husby, her two Wonder Wieners, and her emerging career as an author and photographer.

Monday, November 20

I Am Thankful

I feel grateful. Believe me, this is a really, really big deal. I am usually too busy doing shit to take part in that whole "examining the spirit of the holiday" thing. Today is somehow different. I am still busy doing shit. Yet, I have this sense of being protected from the world's ravages by my friends, family, and colleagues and the rich experiences they've brought to my life. I am thrilled to have had such a rewarding year of work filled with new challenges and discoveries and connections. Why is this such a big deal? It means I've had a mental shift; that my brain is working well again. It means I am not depressed, in a very clinical sense, and it is rare indeed for me to be in this state without the help of medication. For when I am depressed, I cannot find gratefulness anywhere in my heart or mind, no matter how hard I try. Today, I am filled with it.

I pray that all beings everywhere are equally blessed.

3 Comments:

At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this photograph. It makes me want to touch everything depicted in it; I can almost feel the textures.

 
At 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have to agree. I love the smotth rock tucked into the wood...it gives you a feeling it is being cradled.

Glad thta you are feeling embraced by those who do LOVE you so much!

XOXO

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger SuperFunHappyChick said...

Thanks, gals. This image is one of my favs for the very reasons you mentioned.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home