SuperFunHappyChick

I'm an intense, hyperactive woman with an imagination in overdrive who loves her Husby, her two Wonder Wieners, and her emerging career as an author and photographer.

Friday, November 17

I Still Don't Get Blogging


Here I am, posting every day, and yet, what excites many people about blogging still escapes me. My perception of it as an online diary remains, and as for that vehicle, it sucks. I can't talk about the IRS Audit, because my auditor admitted he googled me, and you find my blog on page 2 of results. I prefer my social interaction ITRW. I can't bitch about my husband to my friends, or vice versa, because they all read. I am obviously uncomfortable exposing my deepest darkest secrets to the world, to pour my heart out, the most cathartic purpose of writing, because I don't trust the world with those secrets. The format is too short for all but the shortest of my short stories. I'm not a terribly political animal, so I can't rally anyone to my cause. Pop culture largely bores and disgusts me, so I won't comment on it. Likewise, news depresses me. The blog ain't making me any money. Finally, with the few exceptions of peeking to see some of what my friends are up to, I find reading other people's blogs to be as non-entertaining and as much of a time suck as watching TV. Basically, I still don't get it.

4 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am finding it most useful for keeping in touch. And in that way, I am REALLY enjoying it. I find myself checking friends blogs and my blog throughout the day. Looking forward to connecting to everyone much more frequently.

I have invited my family to check my blog to and am a bit sad that they have not chosen to do so yet. Or if they have, they have not made any comments.

Checking your blog has become a real bright spot in my day.

I guess all we can so is put what we can, allude to what we WANT to say and talk on the phone later ! HE-he-he!

(Damn, the president will probably be listening in...)

Kymberli

 
At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I for one am glad that you're not griping about me to your friends! Keep that shite behind closed doors. ;-)

 
At 11:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, for myself, I am enjoying getting to know you better through your blog. Thanks for sharing the parts of you that work in the blogesphere.

 
At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's the connections, baby.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home